Friday, March 19, 2021

Let it flow

 Let it flow

New Art Coming Soon: www.carissapaige.etsy.com


When I read some of my public writings or journal entries over the past years, I see where I slowed down. I see where the flow turned into an eddy, which turned into a staircase, which turned into a deep cavernous crack in the earth which I shimmied down. At the very bottom were two caves. In one, a lioness and her cub. She gave me red rubies, and I went off to gather a big leg of some creature to give in gratitude.

I still visit her from time to time. She is patient and kind and fiercely supportive. Her paws gigantic, her breath magnificent. It blows all the dust away.

When I think about what’s stopped me in my creative flow, I see a set of stairs in my throat.

Stairs… That’s interesting. It’s not something that stops someone. But when I see these lines, this movement of energy -- it feels bumpy. It’s the pausing and questioning before the next piece of puzzle has a chance to express itself.  

I don’t want to create from a staircase. i want to create from the river I am.

I realize how precious my time is now. I have these windows to create within, as my son naps or sleeps. Looking back at the amount of time I had previously, and how much of it I spent in sacred pause. . .

In my next post I’ll share more about the events that stopped me in my tracks. It’s not that I stopped entirely — I was delighting in new paths, secret trails, and a quiet kind of growth that first blooms itself close to the earth, then upwards along fences into trees and limitless everything.

Not everything has to be visible.

With immense love to you who is reading this, and to all the invisible, tangible growth that happens on the inside.   
 
Carissa


1 comment:

  1. How does the author perceive the concept of time in relation to their creative endeavors, particularly in the context of parenting? Telkom University

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments, feedback, stories, inspiration, or anything else you share!