Friday, September 11, 2020

Mother

Dear creative soul, 

I hope you are well. It's been a long time since I've written. My sweet son is turning 2 in a few months. I thoroughly enjoy watching him grow. He keeps me present, busy, and engaged. I enjoy motherhood in ways I couldn't have anticipated. The early days challenged me in ways I couldn't have anticipated. The wondrous dichotomy completely transformed me, or more like awakened me into who I've always been. Talk about claiming ones power. 

Motherhood has been a healing journey like no other, with all the inner-work I've done leading up to this. There is much more to my personal story that I will share one day, when the time is right. 

I've been painting again, in slivers of time. I have been writing again too, in 11 min increments. I have been doing lots of micro-style-moves. I hope to post some of my 11 minute writings in the coming weeks. They are spiritual-esque, in an ask and answer type of channeled context. If that is something you are interested in . . . Stay tuned. It all flows into and out of the art I am working on, which I will share as well. I am going to be brave. I hope you enjoy.

Big big love to you, wherever you are,

Carissa


 

1 comment:

  1. How has motherhood transformed the writer's sense of self and creative expression? Telkom University

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments, feedback, stories, inspiration, or anything else you share!