Friday, July 9, 2010

Hip on Dreams and Oceans

"Nora" the angel of simplicity available here

Happy Friday! I took the plunge and listed two paintings in my shop. Taking this step is frightening. Aside from giving away paintings or doing little custom work for friends, I have yet to list a true to life original painting that's not a print. I guess part of it was fear. In all these feelings, just knowing that I'm not alone makes me feel a little bit better. Dana did a nice post on our collective fears right here.

"Hip on Dreams and Oceans" 8x10 available in my etsy shop

Thanks for your kind words on my computer problems. I've solved everything but the screen issue. It's something I can work around for now.

The stacked journals (my word hoard) from my last post made their way into my paintings. I found bits of poems + scribbles on napkins to use. I'm really happy with how my last two portraits turned out + the words that came together. I feel like I have so much more to say, but am feeling sort of tongue tied tonight.


xo,
Carissa

9 comments:

  1. Oh Carissa, I love your angel of simplicity! Nora is sooo lovely and I absolutely adore the colours you've chosen! I wish you so much success with your wonderful work!

    Love

    Bea (and your banner is great!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bits scribbles chartruse ocean collar bones
    writing down the bones
    blue eyes
    lines on bangs
    nora
    simplicity
    soft nose swoop lines
    all of it
    the whole ocean
    of you
    spilling out
    of your paintbrush..
    pure, beauty only witnessed in dreams,
    GORGEOUS.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful Carissa. I love the words and the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Bea + Buffy, I really appreciate your feedback!

    Rachel! I'm reading (slowly but surely) Natalie Goldberg's "Writing Down the Bones" right now! Just read the intro and a few chapters so far. Lovin it!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is really beautiful, your work is fantastic...I always like to peek in your blog to see what you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing and will find their perfect, most loving owners at just the right time. So glad you've taken this leap of faith!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Carissa, Lovely pieces you have created and the use of color is amazing! I look forward to seeing more of what you are creating a new follower and fellow flyer~ Drop by anytime my doors always open! ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations for taking this big step! I love your art- it's fantastic. I love the words and the colors and the feelings your painting create.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments, feedback, stories, inspiration, or anything else you share!