Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Weekend In Savannah

We went to Savannah this past weekend. My favorite city in the world so far! It's only my second time, but I already know my way around (for the most part) and have found the coolest shops. The Paris Market is my DREAM shop, hands down. All kinds of fantastical paraphernalia for this vintage loving gal. 

My favorite find of the year so far is this photo from NY in the 30's (Catskills to be exact) "Jeanette & Me" above. I mean, major, major love for everything this photo represents. Friendship. Love. Sisterhood. That gleam in their faces. I can't tell you how quietly excited I was when I discovered it. Black paper, silver handwritten ink, and these two broads. My insides were screaming EEEEEEEeeeeeee! as I climbed the stairs from the basement to the register. Eeeeeee as I left with my bag of goodies (also see the silver tray of goodies above). Like a kid in a candy shop running through water fountains. That's how I felt. 

It was a happy trip. A lot of walking and learning about the history. Good food, good people, and open cups of beer in the streets. 

I'm back and feeling refreshed. . .with my gathers of inspiration! 

So many exciting things on the horizon. So many people in my life to be thankful for. 

I will share more about the history I learned. . . I am particularly smitten with the story of "Daisy" who started the Girl Scouts. She was a total bad-ass. We're talking playing tennis in her bloomers, and building her garden in her Front Yard kind of gal. 

Savannah, you have my heart. 

To be continued. . . 

Xx
Carissa

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your trip to Savannah! I have never been, but it is on my list of places to visit someday. It sounds beautifully charming and I am so glad you found some sweet treasures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, glad you enjoyed!! Visiting Savannah is a must... I can also recommend the Thunderbird Inn as a really cool (and affordable) little place to stay <3

      Xx

      Delete
  2. I've never been to Savannah, but based on your description and lovely photos I feel that I must go! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a total haven for writers and creatives. . . you & your wonderful array of multiple personalities would love it, Super Earthling! :)

      Xx

      Delete

I love to hear your comments, feedback, stories, inspiration, or anything else you share!